Introduction to Clinical Aromatherapy
Wildwoods Introduction to Clinical Aromatherapy workshop offers training in the safe and correct therapeutic use of 15 pure essential oils, with a strong emphasis on essential oil chemistry, therapeutics and safety.
Over the course of this two day intensive workshop, students learn to create wonderful aromatherapy blends based on the chemistry, therapeutic properties and aromatics of essential oils. Students have fun custom blending seven personal care products they can then take home with them and enjoy! Blends include: immune boosting sprays, relaxing bath salts and stress relieving crèmes as well as Eco-friendly, non-toxic household cleaners.
- Learn the chemistry, aromatic profiles and therapeutic properties of 15 oils
- Understand all aspects of essential oil quality and purity
- Gain a clear understanding of blending dilution guidelines
- Understand essential oil general safety and potential hazards
- Learn how pure essential oils are created from farm to blending table
- Explore different carriers and aromatherapy applications
- Gain hands-on experience blending several personal aromatherapy products for bath, body and home
- Learn how to formulate, blend and apply for therapeutic applications
- Learn many resources for purchasing essential oils and blending supplies
Who can take this course
This is an entry-level workshop. Anyone who is interested in learning about essential oils may attend. No prior experience is necessary.
- History, art & science of aromatherapy
- Beginner botany
- Methods of extraction
- Essential oil chemistry
- Introduction to organic chemistry
- Therapeutic properties
- Essential oil carriers
- Synergistic blending
- Toxicology and safety
- Professional blending guidelines & applications
- Blending exercises
- Fee is $ 300.00* (includes $75 materials use fee)
* Tuition is non-refundable.
All essential supplies are provided and included in the tuition fee. Introduction to Clinical Aromatherapy is included in the curriculum of the 280 hour Holistic Aromatherapy Certification Program. A credit toward the ACP program will remain for 1 calendar year.